You don't have to live with pain !
TMJ disorder is a common condition that affects the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) of your jaw and can have debilitating effects on your long-term oral health and quality of life. Located in front of each ear, your TMJs give you the ability to open and close your mouth for basic tasks, such as eating, talking, and chewing. TMJ disorder is often the result of stress, injury, dental or jaw misalignment, and teeth grinding. At Monarch Dental Care we offer comfortable, and customized oral appliances to help realign the jaw and relieve symptoms as an effective TMJ treatment. Our team's focus on patient comfort and our decades of experience can help ensure you find lasting relief.
Signs and Symptoms of TMJ Disorder
Often, it can be difficult to determine the underlying cause of TMJ disorders. However, if symptoms are caught in a timely manner, TMJ disorder can often be addressed through conservative measures including simple lifestyle adjustments and a customized oral device. During your initial consultation, our team will use advanced technology and digital x-rays to review the extent of damage to your teeth and jaws. Based on our findings, a personalized treatment plan will be created to meet your unique needs.
Watch out for following symptoms:
- Headaches or migraines
- Stiffness or soreness in the neck, shoulders and back
- Facial pain
- Jaw pain
- Tingling or numbness in arms or fingers
- Sensitive teeth or loose teeth
- Clenching or grinding
- Ear congestion
- Ringing in the ears
- Limited mouth opening
Treating TMJ Disorder
Depending on the extent of your symptoms, a variety of treatments may be recommended and implemented to help treat your condition. These solutions may include:
- Dental Crowns: For teeth that are worn, fractured, or decayed as a result of teeth grinding and jaw clenching, we may recommend customized dental crowns to help strengthen and restore the structural integrity of your teeth.
- Oral Appliance Therapy: Once dental damage is addressed, your dentist will fit you for a specialized oral device, designed to fit over your teeth and properly align your jaws. If worn as directed, this type of therapy can alleviate swelling and discomfort by reducing pressure on your jaw joints. This treatment is more affordable and less invasive than orthodontic treatment or surgery, often providing an added benefit for many patients.
- Lifestyle Changes: Reducing stress levels and maintaining a soft foods diet for about two to three weeks in addition to oral appliance therapy can also help minimize symptoms. The less stress you can put on your jaw, the faster it will be able to heal.
- Physical Therapy: Simple at-home exercises while as well as the use of heat and ice packs may be recommended to reduce swelling and inflammation. Our team will monitor the effectiveness of your treatment through a series of follow-up appointments. If your TMJ disorder symptoms persist, we may recommend that you visit a specialist to investigate the possibility of oral surgery.
Eliminate Jaw Pain
If you are experiencing mild to severe jaw pain and any other symptoms, you may be experiencing TMJ disorder. Call us on 8137999943 / 9446239984 or email us your query on firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your consultation with our team to learn more about the benefits of TMJ disorder treatment.